I’m really into this no-bake cheesecake type thing.
For several reasons:
1 – life is busy
2- this recipe is fast
3- it’s delicious
4- it can be any flavor combination you want simply by changing the flavor of pudding and/or candiquik (vanilla or chocolate based)
5- it’s scrumptious
6-anyone who indulges in it, instantly likes you even more (this might especially come in handy around the holidays )
7- did I mention it’s really, really good?!
I used a pre-baked graham cracker crust, but of course you can substitute your own crust recipe or the gluten free one listed below…
Make sure the cream cheese is softened…otherwise you will have a fun time blending
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package white chocolate pudding
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crusts
- Garnish: crushed mints or candy canes and whipped cream
- Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
- Pour CANDIQUIK® in a large bowl over the white chocolate flavored gelatin powder, softened cream cheese blocks and peppermint extract; blend until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping, and blend until well mixed.
- Spread cheesecake mixture in pie crust and top with whipped cream and crushed peppermints or candy canes.
It’s smooth, creamy, has a light yet noticable mint flavor. Of course, if it is not heavy enough for you, simply add more peppermint!!
Oh, also wanted to tell you – this recipe (and any of my no-bake cheesecakes) can be made gluten-free with the following recipe for a crust:
Gluten Free Crust Recipe:
- 1 1/4 Cup almond meal (or finely crushed almonds)
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and combine with almond meal and sugar, mix well until all butter is absorbed
- Spread into an 8″ round pie pan, pushing into corners and on edges
- Bake for 10 min or until slightly browned