Easter is sneakin’ up on us.
In fact, we’re T-minus 4 days.
Hence these simple, yet adorable ideas.
You may have already seen these on my facebook page if you follow me. You do follow me, right?!
Ok, let’s get to business.
4 recipes, 4 days. Vamanos!!!
Easter Bonnet Cookies
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- 24 Round Shortbread Cookies
- 12 Large Marshmallows, frozen
- Decorative Icing and Sprinkles
- Oil-based Food Colorings (optional)
- Melt CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. (To create different colored or flavored bonnets, mix oil-based colorings and flavorings into CANDIQUIK Coating after melting.)
- Dip cookies in melted CANDIQUIK. Place on wax paper to set.
- Cut frozen marshmallows in half with a sharp knife (tops of bonnets), dip in melted CANDIQUIK. Place marshmallows on top of cookies. If desired, sprinkle now, while the cookie/marshmallow is still wet.
- When bonnets are completely dry, decorate as desired.
Up next, Tuxedo Peeps!
(photo courtesy of www.cheekykitchen.com)
Aren’t these guys adorable?! All dressed up and nowhere to go – except my mouth.
I have to be honest, I’ve seen a lot of recipes with peeps. And I’m not crazy about all of them. Most of them. But these are good. Great Job Brooke at Cheeky Kitchen.
Here’s how you can make them:
You will need-
1 pkg Vanilla CANDIQUIK
1 pkg Chocolate CANDIQUIK
3 packages of Peeps
Dip the bottom half of the Peeps into Vanilla CANDIQUIK, up to their necks. Place them onto a piece of wax paper and allow to set completely.
Melt the Chocolate CANDIQUIK according to the package directions. Dip the Peeps diagonally on the left side, then on the right side, creating the “V” shape for their tuxes. Return to wax paper to dry.
With a toothpick, dab a tiny bit of CANDIQUIK on the center of his tux, and gently press a sprinkle into place as a “button.” Draw a bowtie above the sprinkle button by dipping your toothpick in the Chocolate CANIDQUIK.
Place on wax paper until dry!
Pineapple Coconut Bark
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla or
- 3/4 cup Dried Pineapple Pieces,
- 1/4 cup Flake Coconut
- Melt CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating in Melt and Make
Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
- Mix melted CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating with dried pineapple and coconut in medium bowl.
- Spread mixture about 1/4-inch thick on wax paper; let set until dry.
- Break or cut into pieces.
This is a good one. Talk about dangerous. Cheesecake in less than 15 minutes.
No Bake Pistachio Cheesecake
1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK Candy Coating
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 package (3.4 oz) instant Pistachio flavored pudding
1 container (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
1 9-inch pie crust
Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK Candy Coating according to directions on package.
In a large bowl beat softened cream cheese, Vanilla CANDIQUIK, and dry pistachio pudding mix with an electric mixer, mix until well blended.
Fold in container of whipped topping and mix until well blended.
Carefully spoon this mixture into pie crust.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish as desired.