You know what I was thinking about the other day?!
Kids always want all their treats to themselves. When I was younger, I would have ate all of my treats, candy, etc. to myself – of course my parents suggested sharing. As adults, the story slightly changes. I still want it all to myself, but instead I gladly hand it off to others. To keep myself from eating it all. Not to mention, it truly does feel good to give.
Pictured above? Not quite lollipops. In fact, there are simply Vanilla dipped PEPPERMINT OREO lollipops. Have you tried peppermint Oreos? You should, they are great, especially dipped in chocolate! Get ‘em while you can, they are a seasonal item!
There isn’t really a recipe here - they are pretty simple.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 package Peppermint (or cool mint) Oreo Cookies
- 1 package Vanilla CandiQuik Coating
- Lollipop sticks
- Insert a lollipop stick into the Oreo cookie. *Tip: Use the un-broken oreos and push the lolliop stick in slowly until it is just below the top of the cookie.
- Melt the Vanilla CandiQuik according to the package directions.
- Holding by the stick, dip your cookie in the CANDIQUIK, completely covering all sides. If you are dipping in the tray, use a spoon to pour the coating over the top of the cookie. Let the excess coating drip off.
- Place on wax or parchment paper to set.
- Once the coating is completely dry, use a plastic ziploc bag (or piping bag) to pipe a spiral swirl on the cookie. Sprinkle immediately with red sugar decors.
If there is still a lot of coating dripping on the wax paper, you can pick up the cookie and reposition it, eliminating that annoying excess blob of coating.
Once the coating is completely dry, use a plastic ziploc bag (or piping bag) to pipe a spiral swirl on the cookie.
Sprinkle immediately with red sugar decors.
Enjoy! These are delicious and addictive!
These bloggers below also have awesome looking ideas if you are loving peppermint as much as I am!
Love From the Oven also shared an abundance of peppermint-themed recipes from various blogs. ALL look awesome! Sneak preview:
Be prepared to bake your heart out!