I could begin by telling you a story about our new friends living in the basement, but I’ll spare you.
These mice are not a brand new creation, but they are a classic. If you haven’t ever seen these – here they are! If you haven’t ever made these – do so. I promise, people will rave and think you are oh-so creative.
Who doesn’t see these and instantly think “aww, how cute”!?
Delicious and simple.
· 1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
· 1 jar Maraschino Cherries (with stems)
· 1 package Chocolate Kisses®
· 1 package Sliced Almonds
· White Decorative Icing or candy coating
1. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
2. Use a paper towel to pat cherries completely dry. Unwrap Hershey’s Kisses.
3. Holding cherries by stem, dip into Chocolate CANDIQUIK; place on wax paper so the stem is pointing out to the side.
3. Press the flat side of chocolate kiss to the bottom of cherry.
4. Insert 2 almond slices between cherry and chocolate kiss to form ears. Hold in place for a few seconds until the almonds stand up without falling over.
5. Once dry, use decorative icing (or a toothpick & candy coating) to create eyes.