I’ve seen so many cute treats for Valentine’s Day – from cake pops to cookies, to elaborate cakes.
But I needed something fast.
Something that I could whip up fast that will stay fresh for at least a couple days and something that will hold up when being shipped in mini flower pots. HUH?!
Keep reading, it will all make sense.
I call this stuff Heart Munch…thanks to Crazy for Crust who originally hummed up the name “heart munch”…cute, isn’t it?!
Here’s what you will need – and if you have anything else you want to add in – go for it!
2 (16 oz) packages Chocolate CandQuik Candy Coating
1 package Vanilla CandQuik Candy Coating
1/2 of a (12.8 oz) box Rice Chex cereal
3/4 cup salted cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup raisins
4 cups mini pretzels
1 cup M&M’s (I personalized my M&M’s and I even have a 20% discount offer on these for you HERE)
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1. Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK according to the package directions.
2. Dip 2 cups of the mini pretzels in the vanilla coating and place on wax paper to set.
3. Melt 1 package of the Chocolate CANDIQUIK and coat the remaining 2 cups of pretzels with the chocolate coating; place on wax paper to set.
-the pretzels just look prettier this way - you can certainly toss them right in with the cereal mixture, but it will be harder to break apart and won’t look as nice
4. Place the cereal, peanuts, and raisins in a large bowl.
5. Melt the remaining package of Chocolate CANDIQUIK and pour directly on top of the cereal mixture. Quickly fold chocolate in with the mixture and pour onto a large sheet of wax paper, spreading into a thin layer. Let set.
6. Once set, break the cereal mixture into small pieces and place in a large bowl with coated pretzels, marshmallows and M&M’s.
My M&M’s read: Dip it Good, LHF Luvs U, Dippin’ Pals, Melting Hearts, and Miss CandiQuik. I personalized my M&M’s and I even have a 20% discount offer on these for you HERE.
Then I bought little gift bags at Michael’s and used labels (again, needed something fast) for my gift tags.
Feel free to use them…I used 3M I.D. Labels (2″ x 2 5/8″) 7300-B (same size as Avery 6572). Or you could print them on cardstock and cut out.
You can print them > Heart Munch Labels
Then I placed these cute little treat bags in these flower pots that I purchased from Oriental Trading Co…they are really cool, you can design your own flower pot and they were only a little over $1 each.
And of course with flower pots, you must have flowers…so I made sure there was a packet of seeds in each.
Here are the other flower pot designs I used…you can download and print them if you like: Flower Pot Template (3) – make sure you are printing on a 12×18 sheet if using this template. If you wish to print on normal (8.5 x 11) sized paper, use these: Flower Pots 1, Flower Pots 2, and Flower Pots 3
And incase you’re wondering about the cute little cards pictured with the flower pots….
here are the free printables:
Ohh and if you happen to stop by Target, they brought back these adorable little mailboxes (I used these for Valentine’s last year)….they are ONE DOLLAR and super cute. I simply printed some cute little stickers and personalized mine…just another idea!
Happy Valentine’s Day!