June 13th, 2012
Ok, maybe these aren’t sooo “personal” sized. Instead, you could grab 2 spoons and share - or not. They’re actually not all that much more than a large piece of pie.
You know what, you could probably even freeze these and pull out whenever the time is right. Or bring them to work! Hey, you have to be prepared for Mondays, mid-afternoons,
and certain coworkers. What I’m saying is that these are (capital d)angerous…
I’ve been seeing more and more of these mason jars around - & they are being filled with all sorts of goodness. For example – just take a look at these little cheesecakes in a jar. Or Bakerella’s – YUM, or how about this one I found on pinterest. Swoon.
So go ahead, make these in advance, pull out when needed. What’s not to love?!
I used my super easy, no bake recipe for vanilla cream pie. Then I layered it with fresh strawberries and plump bluberries.
And the crust? No bake as well – I found myself digging all the way to the bottom to get a little bit of crust in each bite.
Next time – double crusting it. Yep, go ahead – add another layer of the graham crust in the middle! Genius.
Hindsight is always 20/20…
read more »
November 24th, 2010
Some things are just too good to be true.
Like when your family pranks you by buying you a fake lottery ticket that you just won “$10,000+” with. That’s just mean.
Or when…you watch chic flicks and wonder why the man in your life, your husband, future boyfriend, etc - can’t be like that.
Or have you ever got super excited for that front row parking spot, pull up thinking “yessss” - just to find there’s one of those cars that kinda resemble a go-kart parked there?!
How about those infomercials? Miracle diets? Or “Earn $3000/week from home”!!! WOw!
I’ve got good news for you: this one’s not going to let you down folks!
No Bake. No Measure. No kidding.
- 1 pkg vanilla candiquik
- 2 (8oz) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (8oz) container whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 packet Pumpkin Spice (or plain pumpkin) jello pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust (or homemade graham cracker crust recipe – below)
- Melt Vanilla Candiquik according to directions on package.
- Pour Candiquik in a large bowl over the pumpkin flavored gelatin powder and softened cream cheese blocks; blend until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping, and blend until well mixed.
- Spread cheesecake mixture in pie crust and top with whipped cream (and a little sprinkle of nutmeg if you’re feelin’ fancy).
* You can also make this recipe into 8 mini cheesecakes, tarts, or individual ramekin pies – whatever you wish to call them. Just look for the cute, small, round graham cracker crusts!
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons butter
(optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before filling.
Ohh, and one last thing – check out these cuties (thanksgiving donut pops) from Brooke at Cheeky Kitchen!