Okay, if you know anything about me you know that I’m CRAZY about ice cream. And one of my favorite flavors!? Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked. Stuff is ‘mazing.
Ice cream has to be one of my favorite go-to desserts.
That and a good flourless chocolate torte, warm & chewy chocolate chip cookies, or a freshly baked shortbread-anything, ohhh and scones. Love scones.
Okay, so maybe I’m a little obsessed with sweets in general. These ‘half-baked’ cookie dough-brownie layered pops are no exception.
When you sink your teeth into one of these babies you will love the combination of the dense chocolate brownie with the cookie dough.
Make sure to FLIP these over when cutting them into squares (so that the cookie dough is on the bottom).
This will make your life 10x easier because the cookie dough outweighs the brownie.
- 1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients for mix)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (for flavor)
- dash of salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt (replaces eggs)
- ½ cup (or to taste) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- lollipop sticks
- 2 (16 oz.) packages Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- Prepare brownie mixture according to package directions, baking in an 8×8” pan.
- Prepare cookie dough while brownies are baking:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugars and butter together until well mixed, beat in the yogurt and vanilla extract until mixed.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda and add this to the butter/sugar mixture. Stir until well combined, and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture out onto a flat surface to approximately 8”x8”.
- Once brownies are baked and completely cooled, turn out onto a baking sheet. Transfer cookie dough on top of the brownie. Place mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and turn upside down (cookie dough facing down) onto a cutting board. Cut into small squares.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each brownie/cookie dough bite.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK according to package directions and transfer into a deep cup.
- Holding the end of the lollipop stick, dip each brownie pop into the chocolate coating and place on wax paper to dry.
- Best served cold from the fridge.
Now you seriously need to go and make these. There’s nothing NOT to like! I had a friend tell me she didn’t want to eat them because of the raw egg in cookie dough…Welp, no raw eggs were used in the making of these pops!
I used the Ghiradelli fudge brownie mix which came with a chocolate fudge frosting packet that you may notice hiding in between the cookie dough and brownie…