As I was watching the news the other night they began to speak about cravings.
And what to do about cravings…how do you supress them?
Well, I have just the solution for ya – eat what you’re craving. Easy. They should’ve had me on the news to solve their “issue”, sheesh.
I however, see no issue here. We can all treat ourselves to a little somethin-somethin here and there. It’s not like we’re eating this stuff for breakfast. Err…okay, not always.
These doughnuts are just an exception.
Satisfying my awful, awful craving. So, what are you craving?
And guess what? Eventually, the news broadcaster even agreed with me. Just don’t deprive yourselves, friends. Have a doughnut.
These were very simple to make. You probably have all of the ingredients in your house.
With the exception of a donut pan. I bought mine on clearance at Target.
To ensure that you don’t make a big ‘ole mess, grab a baking buddy and spoon the batter into a piping bag – in my world, this meant a quart-sized Ziploc.
Snip the corner off and pipe into your fancy pan.
10 to 12 minutes later…
Oh toasted coconut!
Don’t even let the chocolate on these dry - bite right in!
Or just set up a little doughnut fondue station on your counter. Dip doughnut in Chocolate Candiquik, roll in toasted coconut…& devour.
I tried a combination of frostings/glazes on these and I liked the chocolate with toasted coconut the best for this donut flavor.
(p.s. I was tired of typing the o-u-g-h-n-u-t). So I’m switching to ‘donut’.
This recipe yielded 9 donuts for me.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or seeds from one vanilla bean)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz. Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and butter, beat until just combined.
- Spoon batter into a piping bag (or plastic bag with one corner snipped off); pipe into donut pan, filling each donut indent about ¾ full.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the top bounces back if touched. Let cool.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK in tray according to package directions.
- Dip the top of the doughnuts in the chocolate coating and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.