If someone told me 10 years ago “giving is better than receiving” I would have looked at them with one eyebrow raised and nodded in “agreement” while thinking to myself *this person is crazy and they obviously have no idea what they are talking about*. Receiving is WAY better than giving – pssh.
matured changed quite a bit. And while receiving is nice (I mean – who doesn’t like gifts!?) – giving is definitely more rewarding.
Don’t you love the feeling when you receive a message from someone saying “You just made my day”?
Okay, that’s your life lesson of the day – which has absolutely nothing to do with what I’m about to share with you.
Basketball Cookies! See, told ya.
I saw these originally over at Family Fun – who has the cutest ideas, all the time…I guess they are associated with Disney.
Slam Dunk Cookies
(Idea adapted from Family Fun)
yield:~ 12-15 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Roll out dough on a well floured surface approx. 1/4 inch thick. Cut into circles with (~3″)cookie cutter.
4. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheet and bake 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely.
5. Melt CandiQuik according to package directions. Dip 3/4 of each sugar cookie in Vanilla candy coating. Place on wax paper.
6. Unwrap a peanut butter cup, dip in the candy coating and place on the bottom (un-coated) edge of the cookie. Press a basketball sprinkle above the peanut butter cup. Let set.
7. Once set, pipe on the backboard and hoop lines with black-colored CandiQuik or cake writing icing.
best sugar cookies ‘eva!
Reese’s WHITE p.b. cups = genius
dip and attach pb cup and basketball “sprinkle”
pipe on black lines!