If someone told me 10 years ago, “giving is better than receiving” I would have looked at them with one eyebrow raised and nodded in “agreement” while thinking to myself *this person is crazy and they obviously have no idea what they are talking about*. Receiving is WAY better than giving – pssh.
matured changed quite a bit. And while receiving is nice (I mean – who doesn’t like gifts!?), giving is definitely more rewarding.
Don’t you love the feeling when you receive a message from someone saying, “You just made my day”?
Okay, that’s your life lesson of the day – which has absolutely nothing to do with what I’m about to share with you.
I saw these originally over at Family Fun – who has the cutest ideas, all the time…I guess they are associated with Disney.
- (Idea adapted from Family Fun)
- yield:~ 12-15 cookies
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons butter (6 Tbsp), softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- 15 white Reese's mini p.b. cups
- Black food coloring or cake writing icing (oil or powder based food coloring only)
- Basketball sugar lay-ons (I purchased mine online from Country Kitchens
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Roll out dough on a well floured surface approx. ¼ inch thick. Cut into circles with (~3")cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheet and bake 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt Vanilla CandiQuik according to package directions. Dip ¾ of each sugar cookie in Vanilla candy coating. Place on wax paper.
- Unwrap a peanut butter cup, dip in the candy coating and place on the bottom (un-coated) edge of the cookie. Press a basketball sprinkle above the peanut butter cup. Let set.
- Once set, pipe on the backboard and hoop lines with black-colored CandiQuik or cake writing icing.
For the basketball sugar lay-ons, you can purchase them online from Country Kitchens – here.
Reese’s WHITE p.b. cups = genius
dip and attach pb cup and basketball “sprinkle”
pipe on black lines!
Tell Me Something Sweet
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
These are adorable! I remember seeing those back when, but these are cuter.
Sarah @ Candiquik says
Thanks so much! I love these cookies – so cute and easy too!
These are too cute – off to see what else you have created!!
Those are simply adorable!!! Somehow I missed that issue of Family Fun:-(