Just wondering…do you live in or near the Twin Cities? If so…you will see THESE treats featured on TELEVISION fairly soon.
To be more specific, I will be making these on t.v. very soon.
As in today (October 19th) at 3 p.m. CST!
Along with John and Elizabeth from Twin Cities Live…
It’s just live t.v. afterall…
Until I slip, fall and spill Candiquik everywhere, or say something that sounds completely idiotic.
Hey, you think about these things when you’re going to be on t.v. I do anyways.
So in the case that I run off the set before these get made…I thought I would share them here first, Eyeball Cake Balls!
Just kidding. I’m completely confident that everything will go smooth. Kinda. Sorta.
Wish me luck & I’ll be posting the link to the Twin Cities Live episode soon so you can all see!
In the mean time…spooky treats.
(yields approx. 40 cake balls)
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
8 oz. cake frosting
2 (16 oz.) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
Life Savers Gummy Savers
Mini M&M candies
Red cake writing icing
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK according to directions on package.
5. Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK and place on wax paper. Before dry, press 1 gummy saver candy in the center of each cake ball. Place a mini M&M in the middle of the gummy saver.
6. Once completely set, use cake writing icing to pipe red lines on the sides of the cake ball.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
Linked to: Mrs. Happy Homemaker, Crazy for Crust, DJ’s Sugar Shack, Printabelle, Gooseberry Patch, Something Swanky, Chocolate, Chocolate & More, Weekend Potluck @ Life as a Lofthouse, Foodie Friends Friday, Sweet Bella Roos