Just wondering…do you live in or near the Twin Cities? If so…you will see THESE Eyeball Cake balls featured on TELEVISION fairly soon.
To be more specific, I will be making these on t.v. very soon.
As in today (October 19th) at 3 p.m. CST!
Along with John and Elizabeth from Twin Cities Live…
It’s just live t.v. afterall…
Until I slip, fall and spill Candiquik everywhere, or say something that sounds completely idiotic.
You think about these things when you’re going to be on t.v.
I do anyways.
So in the case that I run off the set before these get made…I thought I would share them here first, Eyeball Cake Balls!
Just kidding. I’m completely confident that everything will go smooth. Kinda. Sorta.
Wish me luck & I’ll be posting the link to the Twin Cities Live episode soon so you can all see!
UPDATE: Here is the Twin Cities Live Episode of us making these Eyeball Cake Balls:
In the mean time – spooky treats.
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
- 8 oz. cake frosting
- 2 (16 oz.) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- Life Savers Gummy Savers®
- Mini M&M® candies
- Red cake writing icing
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Melt CANDIQUIK in tray according to directions on package.
- Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK and place on wax paper. Before dry, press 1 Gummy Saver candy in the center of each cake ball. Place a mini M&M in the middle of the gummy saver.
- Once completely set, use cake writing icing to pipe red lines on the sides of the cake ball.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
Don’t miss these 12 other awesome Halloween Treats!
Linked to: Mrs. Happy Homemaker, Crazy for Crust, DJ’s Sugar Shack, Printabelle, Gooseberry Patch, Something Swanky, Chocolate, Chocolate & More, Weekend Potluck @ Life as a Lofthouse, Foodie Friends Friday, Sweet Bella Roos