It’s just about time to start posting fall inspired recipes and then umm, that season that follows fall.
Yikes. Let’s not talk about that yet.
Let’s talk about cherry chips, coconut, chocolate, and all the goodness they can produce.
I’m usually not a huge fan of cherry flavored stuff – I know, I’m weird. But if you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that I love anything that smells, tastes, or resembles coconut.
Except coconut water, gross.
My point is, even if you’re not a huge cherry fan - you might think about giving these a shot. If you like coconut, this is a no-brainer.
My first impression upon biting into these truffles was bam - cherry! Followed quickly by coconut, chocolate, and all their yummy goodness combined. I had to keep testing though to make sure I really enjoyed them as much as I thought… 7 coco bonbons later…
- 1 package (16 oz) Chocolate and/or Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating (I recommend chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (heaping) tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Log House cherry chips
- 1 bag (14 oz) flake coconut
- Decorative sprinkles
1. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
2. Add powdered sugar; mix well.
3. Melt cherry chips in a microwaveable bowl. Melt in 30 second increments. Stir into mixture until well blended.
4. Add coconut, kneading mixture until thoroughly combined.
5. On a wax paper lined baking sheet, roll mixture into 1-inch sized balls. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to let them firm up a bit.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK® according to directions on package.
7. With a spoon, dip balls into melted CANDIQUIK®; place on wax paper to set.
Decorate as desired!