Need vs. Want.
Sometimes I have a hard time differentiating between the two. Pinterest doesn’t help.
Overall though, I’d like to say I’m fairly practical. I usually stick to what I need – like these nachos. I need.
You need these too.
In case you need justification: Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner…
Now go make these.
Cinnamon Dessert Nachos
- 10 small (6″) flour tortillas, cut into 1/4′s
- 2-3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- oil for frying (I used canola)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple (I used canned pineapple)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8 oz. (1/2 package) Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- Heat approximately 1/2 cup oil in a large fry pan.
- Dice up fruit while oil is heating.
- Add 4-5 tortillas to hot oil and fry until golden, use tongs to flip tortillas to brown each side (takes about 30 sec- 1 min).
- Place chips into a large bowl and sprinkle immediately with cinnamon-sugar.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. *Add additional oil if needed.
- Melt CANDIQUIK according to package directions. Dip each tortilla in chocolate coating and place on a large serving plate.
- Top tortilla chips with fresh fruit and drizzle with additional chocolate coating if your feeling fancy.
Tip: serve with cinnamon ice cream or whipped cream for an extra delicious treat!