When these cute Bunny Pretzels were originally posted two years ago, we had almost a foot of snow still on the ground and the snowman population was higher than what one hopes for in the spring. This year we have robins reappearing, buds on the trees, and grass that is almost green!
Spring and Easter have both snuck up on us and between spring cleaning and hosting family for Easter brunch, we always find ourselves hoping for more hours in the day.
Bunny Pretzels to save the day!
These are super easy to make and a great way to get the kids involved because it’s like craft time and holiday prep rolled into one! I always hear people say that these Bunny Pretzels are too cute to eat, I say give them one try and you won’t feel bad.
- •Mini marshmallows
- •1 (16 oz.) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- •24 pretzel rods
- •Pink sugar décor sprinkles
- •Black edible marker or cake writing icing (ex: Americolor Gourmet Writer)
- Cut each marshmallow in half diagonally. These will form the bunny ears. Sprinkle with pink decors onto the sticky side of the marshmallow (for best results, press the sticky side of the marshmallow into the sprinkles).
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating in tray according to the directions on the package.
- Dip about ¾ of each pretzel rod in the coating and place on wax paper.
- Before coating has set, press the marshmallow ears on the top of the pretzel, holding in place until set, and press one heart-shaped sprinkle on as the nose.
- Once dry, draw two dots for eyes with black edible marker or cake writing icing.