Hot holiday hint: everyone loves edible gifts.
I like baking for people because one can only have so many pairs of slippers or mini bottles of scented lotion, but there really is no such thing as too many desserts. Especially around the holidays, am I right?!
Fudge has always been one of my favorite holiday treats but no one can ever completely agree on what the best kind of fudge is. Do we add nuts? What about chocolate chips? Marshmallows have always been one of my favorites, but that can stray a little too far from traditional for some people.
This Cookie Cutter Fudge recipe calls for as little as 2 ingredients and you can add pretty much any mix-in you can think of and the great part is each serving can be personalized! Need to use the last of your almonds? Make some almond fudge. Have extra Oreos on hand? Hello, Oreo fudge! (I’ve never had “extra” Oreos though, have you?)
Just follow this easy CandiQuik Fudge recipe and line the bottom of your cookie cutters with aluminum foil to keep the fudge from sneaking out. As you fill each cookie cutter with fudge, you can mix in or sprinkle the top with whatever you have on hand. Some of the mix-ins I used this time include marshmallows and peanuts, chai latte mix, peanut butter, crushed Oreos, coconut flakes, chopped almonds, and crushed candy cane. The possibilities are endless and it’s a great way to get the whole family involved. Happy Holidays!
- 1 package Chocolate (or Vanilla) CandiQuik Coating
- ⅓ cup milk (2%, whole, or evaporated)
- Any additional mix-in you want.
Ideas:Nuts, peanut butter, instant coffee, marshmallows, coconut, dried fruit, crushed peppermints, orange zest.
- Chop entire block of CandiQuik into small pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, heat ½ cup milk over medium-low heat until simmering. Once simmering, add chopped CandiQuik and stir constantly until all chunks are melted.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into cookie cutters and mix in any additional ingredients. Allow to set in refrigerator.