Things I’m digging right now:
- Living my life like Julia Robert’s in “Eat, Pray, Love”. I’m totally down with gaining 10 lbs in Italy and exploring the world, you know?
- Weather warm enough to walk around in sandals. Bring on the heat! I promise I’ll never complain about being hot again, ever.
- Reminiscing with my bestie over boys, school, and random drama from 10 years ago - while eating way too many chips and salsa.
- Margarita Cheesecake garnished with Sea Salt. Oh, did I mention, no baking req’d?! True story.
p.s. Happy Cinco De Mayo! Did you see my other Cinco ideas? They’re HERE
Margarita Cheesecake w/ Sea Salt
yield: (1) 9-inch cheesecake
- 1-1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter or Margarine, melted
- mix ingredients and press into pan. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before filling.
- Alternative: Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Press firmly onto bottom and sides of pie pan.
- Bake 8 min. or until lightly browned; cool completely.
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package margarita flavored jello
- 1 package (16 oz.) Vanilla CandiQuik
- garnish with: whipped cream, fresh lime, & sea salt
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK according to directions on package.
- Pour CANDIQUIK in a large bowl over the dry margarita gelatin and softened cream cheese (make sure the cream cheese is very soft and stirrable, otherwise it may cause the cheesecake to have clumps);
- Blend mixture until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping and blend until well mixed.
- Spread cheesecake mixture in pie crust. Top with whipped cream, lime and sea salt!