Memorial Day is only a few days away and you know what that means… summer has officially begun! First and foremost, we must remember those who have served and died for our country. They paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Against the backdrop of barbecues and boating, it’s important to remember what Memorial Day is really about.
With all the gatherings and potlucks this weekend, we could all use a quick and easy go-to recipe that requires only 7 ingredients, takes 10 minutes to make, and is as American as apple pie. You simply can’t go wrong with apple pie, but imagine everyone’s delight when you show up with an apple cheesecake!
We all know cream cheese makes everything better, right? As everyone is busy chowing down, it’s up to you if you want to disclose how little time it really took to make or that you didn’t even need to turn on your oven. I call that a win-win!
So break out the grill and your corny “kiss the cook” apron, whip up an apple cheesecake (or two, or three), and have a wonderful holiday weekend with friends and family!
- 1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.4 oz) package cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 (8oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- 1 (9-10 inch) graham cracker crust
- ½ cup cinnamon granola
- Melt CANDIQUIK according to package directions
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, melted CANDIQUIK, and dry cheesecake pudding with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Fold in apple pie filling and whipped topping; mix until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle granola over cheesecake. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.