Will you be mine?
How about if I give you a bouquet of roses?
Made of cake?
Covered in chocolate!?
Yeah, I thought so.
I took the traditional cake pop recipe and made mis-shaped balls, didn’t worry about getting them perfectly smooth, then drizzled them with more CandiQuik - and they turned out delightful!
So if you have a little bit of time and want to duplicate these – here’s what you want to do:
Paint your lollipop sticks (cake pop sticks!) green – for the full flower stem effect – I used green food coloring mixed with a little water and literally gave it a quick swipe with my little paintbrush.
For the leaves – I cut out some shapes made of leftover green napkins I had. Then taped them on with a little Scotch.
Now for the sweet stuff.
Rose Bouquet Cake Pops
Yield: approximately 36 cake pops
You will need:
2 packages (16oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
1 bottle of red (oil based) food coloring
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1 container (16 oz.) cream cheese frosting
36 lollipop sticks
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cooled cake into a large bowl.
3. Mix thoroughly with frosting (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together).
4. Roll mixture into medium sized balls, and pinch the top with your fingers to form a pointy peak; place on cookie sheet; chill for approximately 1-2 hours.
5. Press each cake ball onto a lollipop stick.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK Coating according to directions on package. Slowly add a few drops of red food coloring directly into the melted CANDIQUIK, until you get a pink color. (You can add extra red food coloring later to get a deeper, red color for some of the flowers).
7. Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK Coating, coating completely; place in Styrofoam until set.
8. Once the cake pops are almost set, you can drizzle CANDIQUIK around the outside of the pop to form the flower petals.
TIP: If cake balls start to stick or get gooey when dipping, place the remaining cake balls in the refrigerator for 20-30 additional minutes.
Make these and I guarantee you will make yourValentine very happy!