I just love these adorable, edible reindeer!
When it comes to crafts, I’m best with food-related crafts. I’ve always been envious of the people who can take glittery picks and sparkly ribbon and create gorgeous wreaths. Or those who can take random household objects to create amazing, one-of-a-kind doodads, like a chandelier made of Mason jars or lamps made out of tree stumps. No matter how many Pinterest tutorials I attempt, my crafts just never look as good.
Oh well, more edible crafts for me! It’s not like you can eat a Mason jar chandelier, anyway
And keeping on that edible craft theme, these Rudolph Cookie Bites are super duper simple but make a festive impression on friends and family. No one will know that they’re essentially 5 easy ingredients and took minutes to make — and they’re so fun to make with your kiddos! Coat Oreos in smooth, melted Chocolate CandiQuik, then attach Rudolph’s antlers, eyes and nose for a super spirited, delicious holiday treat! You can use pretzels in place of candy cane antlers, or try Vanilla CandiQuik for a snowy white reindeer look. It’s completely up to you, and I promise it’s easier than making a tree stump lamp!
- Oreo Cookies (any flavor, but I used peppermint)
- Chocolate CandiQuik
- Miniature Candy Canes, unwrapped
- Eyeball Sprinkles
- Red M&M's (I used peppermint M&M's for a festive touch)
- Line a baking sheet with foil to use as your work space. Lay out all your ingredients ahead of time for ease of preparation.
- Melt the Chocolate CandiQuik according to package directions or until smooth and melted; set aside. Lay two miniature candy canes together in a V shape on the baking sheet with the tips of the candy canes touching and the arcs of the candy canes facing outward.
- Dip each Oreo into the melted Chocolate CandiQuik and allow excess chocolate to drip off. Using a toothpick, gently slide the coated Oreo off of the fork and onto the miniature candy canes to create Rudolph's antlers.
- Immediately attach the red peppermint M&M nose and the eyeballs for Rudolph's face. Use any additional sprinkles or candies if you'd like for extra garnish or decoration. You can also easily turn these into pops by attaching a popsicle stick to the backside of the reindeer once it has dried. *This recipe makes as much or as little bites as you need, so adjust measurements according to your needs.*
I hope you enjoy!!