This cake is everything I needed today.
Strawberry cake, golden oreos, lemon zest, cream cheese, and vanilla candiquik. In that order. Bring it on.
This recipe was inspired by Courtney from Pizzazzerie. She created the infamous Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Bars. Hubba hubba. So I played off of hers and made a Spring/Summer version. Or a version for anyone who isn’t a huge chocolate fan. Wait, that’d just be weird.
Here are the basic steps…
I’ll explain in words as well, no worries.
I started by baking a strawberry cake. Box style.
Then, to make it nice and flat, I used a knife to take off the very top to level it…
Next? Lemon Oreo truffles, only I made the recipe without rolling into truffle balls. Instead, I rolled the mixture out and placed on top of the strawberry cake.
Finally, I poured a thin layer of Vanilla CandiQuik over the top and finished with pink sprinkles and lemon chips!
- 1 box Strawberry cake mix (+ ingredients for cake mix)
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package Golden OREO® Cookies, finely crushed
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 (16 oz.) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box, adding an additional egg and dry pudding mixture before baking. Bake as directed, reducing bake time by approximately 2 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare Oreo truffle mixture; mix softened cream cheese, Golden Oreo crumbs and lemon zest until well blended; set aside.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, use a knife to slice the cake lengthwise to remove the top of the cake; creating a level surface.
- Roll Oreo truffle mixture out onto a piece of wax paper until it measures approximately 9X13″.
- Transfer Oreo truffle mixture on top of the cake. Trim off any excess truffle mixture that may hang over the edges of the cake.
- Cut cake into squares (optional). Melt Vanilla CandiQuik as directed on package. Spread a thin layer of CandiQuik on top of the cake.
- Top with sprinkles and lemon chips, if desired.
Oreo is a registered trademark of Nabisco.
Enjoy! I sure did.
- This cake is best served the same day!