Those of you who follow me on facebook might have already seen these lil’ cuties.
So, you all know about cake balls and cake pops by now, right? Along with the know-how on making them?
If not, follow the basic recipe for cake pops here!
Once you’re ready with your cake ball batter, follow along. Here is what you will need:
- cake ball batter: (I used a spice cake + ½ cup of cream cheese frosting)
- 1 package pretzel sticks
- 1 package Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- 1 package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all streusel topping ingredients together. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread streusel topping loosely over baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool.
- Shape cake ball mixture into 1” sized acorn-shaped balls; place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt both the Vanilla and Chocolate CANDIQUIK according to package directions.
- Spoon ~4 tablespoons of Chocolate CANDIQUIK into the Vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Dip cake bites in the mixed CANDIQUIK and place on wax paper to set.
- Once set, dip the top ⅓ of each cake bite in remaining melted Chocolate CANDIQUIK.
- Roll in the streusel topping before coating is set.
- Attach a small pretzel piece for the stem.
This stuff is scrumptious. I could think of many a more things these little crumbles could accompany.
P.S. you will have a little extra streusel topping, maybe you can find something to do with it…maybe.
This recipe was also featured on Celebrations! They have TONS of cute crafts, recipes, and ideas.