Let’s chat about crazy good stuff that is also somewhat addicting. Such as this bark. Sometimes I think simple is the way to go!
I’ll be honest, I saw a recipe for Cowboy-something the other day and I didn’t even realize that it was actually a thing. Of course…inspired from the Cowboy Bark that is sold at Trader Joe’s. Apparently I’ve been missing out. But without knowing it, I made my own version. And in my opinion, this version is even more cowboy-ish.
The name makes it 10x better. Cowboy Bark. I don’t know what it is, but put “cowboy” in front of it and it suddenly sounds rustic, original, stands up to the test – don’t you agree?!
Anyways, I tend to get a little sidetracked but back to this bark.
It’s salty, sweet, smooth perfection filled with many different textures! It’s simple to make and everyone will love it. If they don’t, they probably are some kind of strange person anyways.
Butterscotch chips, cocktail peanuts, pretzels & chocolate.
What’s not to love!?
- 1 (16 oz.) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- 1½ cups pretzel twists (broken into large pieces)
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- ⅓ cup butterscotch chips
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating in tray according to package directions.
- Stir in 1 cup pretzel twists and peanuts.
- Pour mixture onto a large sheet of wax paper; smoothing out with a spoon into a rectangle approximately ¼" thick.
- Sprinkle with remaining pretzel pieces and butterscotch chips.
- Break or cut into pieces once completely dry.