I went a little crazy for Valentine’s Day this year.
And the funny part - it’s still January.
Just giving myself practice for the real-deal and everyone else a head start for ideas!
Here’s the best part:
4 cute, delicious ideas with only 4 ingredients total. True story.
super easy, super good
Every time I hear “caramel” I think of that commercial (I think it was for McDonald’s new Caramel latte). This couple is arguing on the pronunciation of caramel. While she says the correct pronunciation is ‘kar-uh-muh l’, he argues that that sounds too fancy and the right way is simply pronounced ‘kahr-muh l’.
Well, however you pronounce it, all you do to make these caramels is melt down your CandiQuik (Vanilla, Chocolate, or both)
Dip your caramel candies in the chocolate and place on wax paper to dry. Sprinkle while still wet.
These next ones were fun- Valentine Heart Lollipops!
- 20 small candy canes (2 per sucker)
- 1 package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- 10 lollipop sticks
- Decorative sprinkles
- Red (oil or powder based food coloring only)
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Place two small candy canes (per sucker) together to form a heart shape; place on a greased cookie sheet. Place a lollipop stick in the middle of the candy canes.
- Heat for approximately 3-5 minutes; they will be soft and starting to bubble. Caution: very hot!
- Remove from the oven and (with a pair of tongs or utensils) quickly pinch the top and bottom ends of the candy canes together around the lollipop stick. Set aside until cooled; this should only take a few minutes.
- Melt CANDIQUIK according to directions on package (add food coloring now if you'd like!)
- Place lollipops onto wax paper and spoon a small amount of CANDIQUIK into the center of each sucker, smoothing out to fill into the edges. Sprinkle and decorate!
- And while you have that CandiQuik melted and possibly even some food dye in it...
- all you need is a few cookie cutters or heart shaped molds and you can create these...
You will need:
1 package (16 oz.) Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
1 package (16 oz.) Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
Heart shaped cookie cutters
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
Melt CANDIQUIK according to directions on package.
Add ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract if desired; mix well.
Lightly spray cookie cutters with cooking spray, set on wax paper.
Spoon a small amount of CANDIQUIK into each cookie cutter and decorate with sprinkles before dry.
Once CANDIQUIK is set, push candies out of the cookie cutters. (For faster setting, place in refrigerator)
Another fun, easy and delicious idea: Chocolate and Vanilla Dipped Pretzel Rods
Happy soon-to-be Valentine’s Day!