I decided to name these ‘Love Bites’ for one reason and one reason only. They can be called Love Bites as in, a small delectable treat made with love. Or Love Bites as in, love blows, stinks, sucks, etc. And I find this sorta funny. Sorta?
Well, especially for you anti-valentine’s people.
I happen to love Valentine’s Day. If you haven’t figured that out, check out all of these other recipes!
Cute and simple.
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
- ½ cup buttercream frosting
- Small heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Pink sugar sprinkles & additional candy coating (for piping)
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Chill cake mixture in the refrigerator (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer).
- Make sure the cake mixture is packed tightly. On wax paper, roll out to approximately ½ inch thick. You may need to smooth out any cracks.
- Cut out heart shapes with a small (1-1 ½”) cookie cutter.
- Melt CandiQuik Coating according to the directions on package.
- With a spoon, coat cake bites in melted coating; set on wax paper.
- Decorate as desired with candy coating and/or icings and sprinkles.
I ended up solely using my itty bitty cookie cutter because they are “bites” after all, not cupcakes. Plus, easier to coat in chocolate.
Oh, and you can eat more with less guilt.
I’m bringing this recipe to the Virtual Valentine Party at the Dollhouse Bake Shoppe. The party is on Sunday, February 5th – check it out for a super cute sugar fix!