A lot of times I am asked, “What is the difference between CandiQuik and almond bark, candy melts, wafers, etc.?”.
Well, a lot! Truly. Candiquik is naturally flavored with all natural ingredients for one. Dos (as in, # two), Candiquik uses very fine sugar particles – this will come out in the taste. It will not give you that grainy texture, if you know what I’m talking about. Candiquik also uses more milk products & more cocoas, which also becomes very apparent in the taste. It tastes good, not like wax or something similar. It also comes packaged in this nice little tray; simply remove the overwrap and melt. Forget cleaning melted chocolate out of a bowl!
*Okay, I’m done*.
If you like cranberries and orange, you will love this recipe. If you can even call it that. It’s so easy to pull together and can literally be made in 15 minutes…that’s including prep time!
This bark…for real. Forget a relish tray, you need a cranberry orange pecan bark tray. Or both, both is good.
Oh yeah, it gets even better. No dishes.
Line your 13×9″ pan with parchment (or wax) paper.
Arrange graham crackers across the bottom of the pan.
Grab an orange. Wash it. Zest it.
Melt Vanilla Candiquik in tray, as directed on package.
Stir orange zest directly into the tray of Vanilla Candiquik.
Add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of pure orange extract.
This stuff is potent, so for less of an orange flavor, use 1/8 teaspoon. I like orange, and I was fine with the 1/4 teaspoon.
Pour mixture evenly across the top of graham crackers, using the back of your spoon to smooth out.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans and dried cranberries.
Done and done.
I was inspired by Cookies and Cups Cranberry Orange Bliss Bark!
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 (16 oz.) Package Vanilla CANDIQUIK
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract (1/8 t, for less orange flavor)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Line a 13×9″ pan with wax paper. Arrange graham crackers across bottom of pan to cover completely.
- Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
- Stir orange zest and extract into melted CANDIQUIK® Coating.
- Spread CANDIQUIK® mixture evenly across the top of graham crackers.
- Sprinkle with dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Once completely dry, break or cut into pieces.
Check out these Cranberry Nut Clusters HERE.