I love this Ginger Cookie Truffle recipe for several reasons.
1. I have about 9 billion things to do before the holidays and this was the easiest yet.
2. No baking required (I’ve done enough of that!)
3. Easy on the wallet
- 1 (16 oz.) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups finely crushed ginger cookies (ex: 2 - 5.25 oz. boxes of Anna’s Ginger Thins)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Finely crush ginger cookies in a food processor, or place cookies in a sealed bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl mix softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt and cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and set on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt CANDIQUIK in tray according to the directions on the package.
- With a spoon, dip balls in melted Vanilla CANDIQUIK; place on wax paper to set.
- Decorate as desired.
- (Keep refrigerated in an airtight container)
Mix softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, and cookie crumbs until well blended.
Roll into 1-inch balls and set on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
With a spoon, dip balls in melted Vanilla CANDIQUIK; set on wax paper lined baking sheet to dry.
Use the wide edge of your spoon to quickly pour the coating over the ball
Quickly retrieve the ball from the coating by picking it up on the edge of your spoon
Wipe the excess coating on the edge of the tray or bowl
Lay carefully on wax paper
If you have a little extra coating on the bottom of your ball like I do here, use a small knife to break it off
Decorate as desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes prior to serving.
(Keep refrigerated in an airtight container)