If you like mint and/or chocolate, this is it.
If you like those little York peppermint patties, this is it.
If you don’t like York peppermint patties (like me), this is still it.
If you’re looking for an easy after dinner treat… you know it.
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar (3 ½ - 4 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 oz. Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- In a large bowl, gradually mix the powdered sugar with the softened cream cheese, stir until well incorporated. (Use a spoon or a standing mixer for best results)
- Add peppermint extract and combine well.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
- Once peppermints have firmed, create a small indention in the middle of each ball using a ½ teaspoon or your thumb.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK in tray according to package directions. Using a spoon (or a piping bag/plastic freezer bag with the corner snipped), fill each mint with CANDIQUIK. Let cool.
*Do not use a hand mixer as the mixture will become too thick. A spoon or standing mixer works best.
Please note, you can add green food coloring to this mixture; how cute would these look tinted green!? Wishing I would have thought of this sooner… Hindsight is always 20/20, isn’t it?