4th of July…it’s approaching. And all too fast, because apparently MotherNatureMinneapolis can’t seem to get it’s act together. Somedays I feel like I live in Seattle, except for the brief period I was in Austin for the BlogHer Food Conference (more on that later).
Enough complaining, because I truly can’t wait until July arrives. That means my boyfriend, myself and our
baby dog, Lola, will be road-trippin’ it to Colorado. This will be our second long road trip with her; the first was when she was a tiny TEN week old firecracker. Yes, we went on a 12+ hour road trip with a puppy. Call us crazy, but it all worked out great! She slept almost the entire way and woke us up when she needed a potty break, which was much more than I expected.
Are you a fan of road-trips? Do you enjoy the time spent on the open road listening to every song in your collection while snacking on gas station grub, or would you rather fly? For me, it’s a toss up. However, this way Lola gets to join us and I really don’t mind the drive there too much. It’s the whole coming home thing that really starts to makes me question, “Why did we do this again!?”.
I think I’ll pack some of these two-biters for the trip home…
I made these with three ingredients: CandiQuik, graham crackers and those new stackable marshmallows.
Aren’t they cute!?
cut the graham crackers in half, creating a perfect little bed for these marshmallows
dip the grahams in the CandiQuik and place on wax paper
finish off with a little dab of CandiQuik to ‘glue’ the top graham on
- 1 package (16 oz.) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 30 graham cracker squares
- 15 Stackable Marshmallows (Jet Puffed®)
- Decorative sprinkles
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK in tray according to directions on package.
- Break each graham cracker square in half. Using a spoon dip in Chocolate CANDIQUIK; place 1 stackable marshmallow on top of 15 of the chocolate graham crackers before coating has set. Sprinkle the tops of chocolate graham crackers if desired.
- Once coating is set, use a dab of Chocolate CANDIQUIK to attach the top chocolate graham cracker.