I really hope you have all of your holiday shopping done.
Because I just went to Target. It felt like my Black Friday (that I somehow was convinced to participate in) nightmare all over again. Never again. Maybe it’s that I get overwhelmed with swarms of people, feel claustrophobic when waiting in line and can’t stand when people are in my bubble.
And what’s with people being so rude? It’s the holiday season for pete’s sake!
I would like to tell them:
♥Keep Calm & Eat a Cake Pop♥
Place candies on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and use the back of a spoon to press candies flat. Cool.
Place crushed peppermint (not the pretty ones you’ve already flattened) in a bowl. You can then sprinkle it on the cake pop after it is dipped in the Vanilla CandiQuik.
Allow excess coating to drip off so it doesn’t drip everywhere in the crushed peppermints; cover cake pop in the crushed peppermints and place on wax paper to set.
If the coating is still dripping off after you set it on the wax paper, you can pick it up and reposition it to eliminate excess coating on the bottom.
Once set, use a dab of coating to attach cake pops to peppermint disks.
- 2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake mix)
- ½ cup cream cheese frosting
- 1½ cups round hard peppermint candies
- 40 lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place candies on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and use the back of a spoon to press candies flat. Cool.
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together).
- Chill for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer).
- Roll mixture into 1” sized balls; place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball.
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating according to directions on package.
- Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK®, coating completely and allow excess coating to drip off; dip cake pops in crushed peppermints and place on wax paper to set.
- Once set, use a dab of CANDIQUIK® to attach cake pops to peppermint disks.
The shell that the crushed peppermints created was even better than expected! It was a perfect vanilla-pepperminty “crunch” before your teeth sink into the cake ball.
Merry Christmas, happy holidays & happy baking!