I was thinking about this the other day…
Kids typically want all of their treats to themselves. When I was younger, I would have gladly ate all of my treats, candy, etc. to myself. And then parents come along and suggest sharing. Pshh.
However, as adults the story slightly changes. I still want it all to myself, but instead I gladly hand it off to others. Partially to keep myself from eating it all. Not to mention, it truly does feel good to give. These would make an awesome gift, if of course you can resist from eating them all.
Pictured above? Not quite lollipops. In fact, there are simply Vanilla dipped PEPPERMINT OREO lollipops. Have you tried Peppermint Oreos? You should, they are great, especially dipped in chocolate! Get ‘em while you can, they are a seasonal item!
There isn’t really a recipe here - they are pretty simple.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 package Peppermint (or cool mint) Oreo® Cookies
- 1 package Vanilla CandiQuik Coating
- Lollipop sticks
- Insert a lollipop stick into the Oreo cookie. *Tip: Use the un-broken oreos and push the lolliop stick in slowly until it is just below the top of the cookie.
- Melt the Vanilla CandiQuik according to the package directions.
- Holding by the stick, dip your cookie in the CANDIQUIK, completely covering all sides. If you are dipping in the tray, use a spoon to pour the coating over the top of the cookie. Let the excess coating drip off.
- Place on wax or parchment paper to set.
- Once the coating is completely dry, use a plastic ziploc bag (or piping bag) to pipe a spiral swirl on the cookie. Sprinkle immediately with red sugar decors.
If there is still a lot of coating dripping on the wax paper, you can pick up the cookie and reposition it, eliminating that annoying excess blob of coating.
Once the coating is completely dry, use a plastic ziploc bag (or piping bag) to pipe a spiral swirl on the cookie.
Sprinkle immediately with red sugar decors.
Enjoy! These are delicious and addictive!
These bloggers below also have awesome looking ideas if you are loving peppermint as much as I am!
Mrs. Fox’s Sweets posted these awesome homemade peppermint patties!
I love the little gingerbread men shapes! You can find the recipe here!