I’ve been wanting to make chocolate shot glasses for longer than I’d like to admit! I kept tossing different ideas around on how I’d like to make them and then was forced to realize that a silicone mold is the only way to do it without creating a major project for yourself.
These were so simple to make. I think I’m going to be the chocolate shot glass girl from now on. Having a party? I’ll bring the shot glasses. It’s up to you to fill them!
These are very universal, I’m already thinking they would be awesome for a birthday, St. Patty’s Day, New Years (obviously), and really any event you want! You could even make them for a kid’s party and fill with ice cream. Ahh, they’re just so cute!
I literally poured the Chocolate Candiquik right out of the tray and into the silicone shot glass mold and walked away. Then I came back about 30 minutes later and popped them out of the mold. Done.
Then if you’re feeling fancy, dip the rim of the shot glass in remaining chocolate coating and sprinkle.
If you’re looking for a chocolate shot glass mold, this is the one I used.
- 1 (16 oz.) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- 1 silicone shot glass mold (ex: Fred Cool Shooters Mold)
- + your choice of filling and garnish
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK in tray according to package directions.
- Spoon melted Candiquik into each shot glass mold, filling to the top.
- Allow to set completely.
- Once set, pop chocolate shot glasses out of mold.
What would you fill your chocolate shot glass with?!
Here are a couple other bloggers who have made awesome shot glasses: