These Coconut Oat Chip Bites had every intention of being one of those supah-healthy treats like these Black Bean Truffles.
However, I could not resist adding sweetened condensed milk to help hold these puppies together.
So while they aren’t too naughty, I wasn’t sure whether to classify them as a health food. Of course, my standards are somewhat skewed anyways.
Classify them as you will, they are downright delicious and literally take moments to pull together. Tip: keep a supply in your fridge as they make an amazing afternoon pick-me-up. Ahh-mazing I tell ya.
Don’t worry about what you’ll do with the rest of that sweetened condensed milk. Send it to me if you wish. Or use the rest of it to make this amazing white chocolate fudge. And as always, throw a little in your coffee.
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup oats
- 4 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- Combine coconut, oats, sweetened condensed milk and honey in a food processor.
- Blend for 1 minute or until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer coconut mixture into a medium bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a coffee scoop or melon baller, scoop mixture and roll into a tight ball.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating in tray and transfer to a heavy-duty plastic bag, with a tiny hole cut off one corner.
- Drizzle coconut bites with chocolate coating.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did! Of course, I don’t really know why you wouldn’t. Unless of course you don’t like coconut, which would be bonkers.