The minute I saw these Oreo Frogs on Made To Be a Momma’s site, I knew I had to create a version of them!
How stinkin’ cute are they? I love the tongue on her frogs, but I wanted to change them up a bit.
These would really be great for any occasion – plus, frogs are just plain cute if you ask me.
You could either use Oreo cookies to make these or a couple Ritz crackers with peanut butter smeared between them – whatever you fancy. I went with Birthday Cake Oreos because oh my gawd… ah-maze-ing.
Also, I used 2 packets of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations (mint flavored) to color my Candiquik Coating. You can use these or also try using gelatin powder to color the coating (just stir in after melted). And of course, you could just use oil or powder-based food coloring but what fun is that?!
- 1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- Green food coloring (oil or powder based OR green gelatin powder)
- Oreo cookies
- Mini pretzel twists (legs)
- Candied eyes
- Heart-shaped sprinkles (tongue)
- Green confetti sprinkles (optional)
- Black edible marker (Ex: Americolor Gourmet Writer)
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating in Melt & Make Microwaveable Tray according to package directions.
- Stir in green food coloring until desired color is established.
- Dip OREO cookies in melted coating and place on wax paper to dry.
- Before completely dry, attach two candied eyes and press a heart-shaped sprinkle on the edge of the cookie as the tongue. Sprinkle the top of the cookie with green confetti sprinkles if desired.
- Break apart pretzel twists and use the U-shaped pieces as the legs.
- Dip pretzel pieces in candy coating and press onto the back edge of the cookie as the hind legs; let dry.
- Place remaining candy coating in a heavy-duty plastic bag with a tiny corner cut off (or piping bag) and pipe little feet on a flat surface covered with wax paper.
- Once hardened, carefully peel feet away from wax paper and use a dab of candy coating to attach to frog cookie.
- Use edible marker to draw mouth.
Let’s get a better look at these cuties:
Be sure to stop by Made To Be A Momma’s site and check out her original version!
Also not to be missed: