I was thinking of memories I have from growing up…simple memories. Memories I love looking back on. Things such as:
Dozing off to sleep to the sound of grown-ups talking in the other room.
My “talking” A.G. teddy bear. I was the only one who spoke his muffled language.
Racing to answer the phone (when friends – not solicitors- used to call & when we had HOME phones!)
Waiting for a package or letter in the mail. So exciting. I still like getting mail!
The look on my parents face when I suggested Santa could not be real, because if he was, “Why was Barbie made in China!?”
Sleeping in the tree house Dad built us.
Using half a bottle of Pledge on each piece of furniture to “help” mom dust.
The familiar smell of Schnitzel on your clothes after leaving Papa n’ Edie’s (g-pa and g-ma’s) house.
Afternoon snacks coming home from school.
The list could go on, and on, and on…
It’s the simple pleasures that life has to offer that mean so very much.
Get ready to dress your tastebuds in simple Dee – liciousness!
Golden Lemon Truffles – say that again with me…
- 2 packages (16 oz.) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened!
- 1 package (16.6 oz.) Golden OREO® Cookies (finely crushed)
- 1¼ tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Assorted decorating sprinkles/icings
- Finely crush Golden OREOS (including the middle icing) in a food processor, or place cookies in a sealed bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Now, in a medium sized bowl: mix softened cream cheese, Golden OREO crumbs and lemon zest until well blended.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and set on a wax lined baking sheet. Freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Just before you pull the balls out of the freezer, melt the Vanilla CANDIQUIK® according to the directions on the package.
- With a spoon, dip balls in melted Vanilla CANDIQUIK; allow excess to drip off and set on wax lined baking sheet. Decorate as desired.
- (Store in refrigerator)
Using a melon baller or by the spoonful, shape mixture into 1-inch balls and set on a wax lined baking sheet. Freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
Just before you pull the balls out of the freezer, melt the Vanilla CandiQuik in the tray according to the directions on the package.
With a spoon, dip balls in melted Vanilla CandiQuik; allow excess to drip off and set on wax lined baking sheet. Decorate as desired – before the coating sets. Recipe may be halved.
(Store in refrigerator)
p.s. have a glass of milk handy! I’m used to making cake balls and these are definitely more cookie-like versus doughy – you’ll know what I mean when you make them.
p.p.s. I’m beggin’ you to make these!
Linked to: Bru Crew Life’s Trick or Treat Tuesday