These Key Lime Cake Pops go down in my book as my favorite cake pop flavor ever. Plenty of lime flavor packed into these pops! Key kime cake, key lime Frosting AND lime spiked CandiQuik Coating.
Seriously. Cannot stop eating these.
My kitchen smells like a tropical lime wonderland. My hands (thanks to spilling this oil down them) also smell like a lime wonderland.
It’s not a bad scent to have smeared on yourself however. I think I’ll make a new perfume and call it ‘Key Lime Cake Pop’.
It promises to turn heads; although probably because people will want to eat you and/or lick you. Nevermind, maybe not my best idea ever.
However, in junior high my girlfriends and I bathed ourselves in cotton candy scented body spray. So maybe if I market it to the appropriate age group…what do ya think? Key Lime Cake Pop body spray?!
Anyways, ya’ll have cake pops to make so let’s get started.
I made these using the Easy Roller. Have you seen it? It’s pretty nifty. I definitely could’ve put this baby to work when I had to make those 2,000 cake balls! Jennifer from Heavenly Cake Pops invented the Easy Roller and sent me one to try out – sweet! I have always been curious as to how it would work and….
It worked great!
It did take me a couple times to get the hang of it but once I did, I can definitely see how it would save you time rolling your cake mixture into balls. If you watch this video tutorial you can see how it does it’s magic.
I was able to have my entire cake rolled into balls in about 5-10 minutes with the Easy Roller (I’m still a beginner) and I only needed to slightly mold them with my hands (as I normally would) into perfect circles before dipping.
- 1 box key lime cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
- ½ cup key lime frosting (ex: Pillsbury)
- 2 packages (16 oz.) Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- Lime oil (ex: LorAnn Oils)
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK in tray according to directions on package. Add 3-4 drops of lime oil and stir until well mixed.
- Dip cake pops in Vanilla CANDIQUIK and place on wax paper to set. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
P.S. Candiquik is on INSTAGRAM now! For a behind the scenes look into my world, follow @candiquik.
View other cake pop recipes!