I was recently asked to participate in a virtual baby shower! Have you ever been to one? Well, not really, but participated? I love the idea…and today, this virtual shower is for Meaghan, aka The Decorated Cookie. She is mega-talented and even has a book, Sugarlicious. She was the original one who made THESE melting snowman cookies. She also has an Edible Crafts Blog over at Craft Gossip. This is her second child and all I have to say is, I’m jealous of her kids! They are surrounded by 24-7 cuteness.
To help in the sweet celebration I made Marshmallow Baby Bottles.
These are really simple to make and personalize!
I just used a tiny dab of Vanilla Candiquik to stack the marshmallows…
Then press a toothpick into the top marshmallow. This makes them easier to dip.
I transferred the Candiquik into a deep cup (a mug or deep bowl would work great). This makes it very simple to dip the stacked marshmallows in.
Immediately after coating the marshmallows, press a meltaway mint on top and sprinkle with sugar decors (do this over a bowl to eliminate waste and save yourself a mess of a cleanup).
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla Candiquik Coating
- 24 Large marshmallows
- 12 Mint meltaways, pastel colored (or gum drops)
- Decorative sprinkles
- Oil-Based Food Coloring (optional)
- Melt Candiquik in tray according to directions on package.
- (If desired, add a few drops of oil-based food coloring to melted Candiquik.)
- Place a small dab of Candiquik on a marshmallow; place another marshmallow on top to create the bottle.
- Using a toothpick, dip the stacked marshmallows in Candiquik.
- Before coating is dry, place a colored candy kiss or gum drop on the top of the bottle. Sprinkle with colored sugars before coating is dry. Place on wax paper to set.
Okay, now go indulge in all the other wonderful treats at Meaghan’s Baby Shower! Here they are:
1. Vanilla Bean Baker - Baby’s First Christmas
2. Not Your Momma’s Cookie – Rainbow Swaddled Baby Cookies
3. Crazy for Crust - Rainbow Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
4. Dollhouse Bake Shoppe – Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
5. Creative Food - Rainbow Pancakes
6. Hoosier Homemade - Rainbow Jar Cupcakes
7. Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons – Rainbow Smores Pops
8. Pink Little Cake - Baby at the End of the Rainbow Cake
9. Love From the Oven - Rainbow Cake Pop Cupcakes
10. Munchkin Munchies - Rainbow Balloon Cookies
11. The Baked Equation - Rainbow Baby Shower Cookies
12. Sweetology - Marshmallow Baby Pops
13. Sugar Swings - Rainbow Madeleines
14. Pint Sized Baker - Rainbow Meringue Tarts
15. Bird on a Cake – Rainbow Petal Cake
16. Haniela’s - Rainbow Centerpiece