These Peanut Butter Puppy Truffles are not only adorable but completely edible. I used this awesome peanut butter ball recipe to make them. Then I decorated their faces using a toothpick and candy coating. And the ears? Sliced almonds.
Here’s a neked photo of them:
I was inspired to make these from a post Meghan had shared on Craft Gossip.
While mine aren’t quite as adorable as the ones from Gearheart’s Chocolates….I thought they were post-worthy.
Plus, I’m slightly obsessed with anything involving the word dog, puppy and/or peanut butter.
If you can’t wait to make them at home, you can always get these adorable ‘Pups’ at Gearhearts Chocolates.
- 1¼ cups peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds
- 1 package (16 oz.) Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating
- Black edible marker (or cake writing icing)
- In a large bowl mix peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Shape peanut butter mixture into a ball with a gradual peak/point to form the nose and place on a wax-lined baking sheet.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK in tray according to package directions.
- Place a small dab of CANDIQUIK on the back of the almonds and press two almonds on each peanut butter ball as the ears; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Using a toothpick, dip each peanut butter pup in CANDIQUIK, allowing the excess coating to drip off and place on wax paper to set.
- Once completely dry, use an edible marker or cake writing icing to draw on eyes and nose.
And if you’d like to make your own pups something special, check out these Homemade Pumpkin Dog Biscuits HERE!