Today I bring you a different kind of treat. It doesn’t involve cake, frosting, or even cookies.
But it’s still decadent and
finger paw-lickin’ good - depending on who you ask.
I just couldn’t leave the canines out. I even had my own personal taste tester.
Her name is Lola. She’s a teensy bit spoiled.
And obviously, I’m not the only one making these homemade dog biscuits. Petsmart sells these adorable little cookie cutters! How cute is that little fire hydrant!?
These were very easy to make. And dry. Definitely a dog biscuit.
Whisk together eggs and pumpkin in a medium bowl. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and parsley.
(*I used rice flour and masa (corn flour), which can be found in the Asian & Hispanic aisles of most grocery stores.)
Cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
Once completely cooled, melt Vanilla Candiquik and dip biscuits in coating.
Easy as that!
Have fun with these! Drizzle, pipe your pup’s name on them, add little designs, etc.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2½ cups rice flour*
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CandiQuik Coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs and pumpkin in a medium bowl. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and parsley.
- Gradually add flour (corn or rice) to pumpkin mixture and stir until a stiff, dry mixture is formed.
- Roll out dough onto a smooth surface, ¼ - ½" thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning biscuits over halfway through. Let cool.
- Once completely cooled, melt Vanilla CandiQuik in tray, according to package directions.
- Dip dog biscuits in coating and place on wax or parchment paper to dry.
*please note: this is not professional advice, these biscuits are intended as a dog treat. If you have any concerns, you should always consult with a licensed veterinary professional.
P.s. here’s a printable for these! Great if you are going to be giving them as gifts, selling, or just because!
Simply click on the image or use this pdf (Printable PDF Pumpkin Dog Biscuits) and print onto quality cardstock paper.
Your pup will also love THESE Apple Crunch Pupcakes