That day is almost here!
The day where rivers, beer, faces, hair, and food all have something in common.
Lovin’ the colors here. They are so, umm, bright and green!
Straight forward cake balls here + almost a whole tube of green food coloring.
Saint Patrick’s Day Cake Bites
Yield: approximately 40 cake balls
You will need:
2 packages (16oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 bottle of green (oil or powder based only!) food coloring
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a container (16 oz.) cream cheese frosting
1. Prepare, color (add about ¾ of the bottle of food coloring to batter) and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cooled cake into a large bowl.
3. Mix thoroughly with frosting (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together).
4. Roll mixture into medium (1″) sized balls, placing on a wax coated cookie sheet and chill for approximately 1-2 hours until firm. (You can shorten this time by placing in the freezer.)
5. Melt both Vanilla CANDIQUIK packages according to directions. Slowly add a few drops of the remaining green food coloring directly into 1 of the packages of CANDIQUIK, until you get desired color.
6. Dip half of the cake balls in Vanilla and half in the green colored CANDIQUIK, covering completely; then return to wax paper to set.
7. Once the cake balls are almost set, you can drizzle them with the opposite color.
TIP: If cake balls start to stick or get gooey when dipping, return the remaining cake balls to the fridge or freezer until firm.