Have you noticed? I looove options.
It all boils down to my decision making skills.
I’m not typically an indecisive person. Ok, maybe sometimes.
But when I know what I want, I am quick to make up my mind.
However, when I know what I want AND THEN I can think of 5 jillion different ways to make/decorate it…
YOU get options. I just limited myself to two.
Salted Caramel & Pecan Pretzel Turtles.
Salted Caramel & Pecan Turtles. Sans pretzels.
Your choice. Or you can make both and be totally decisive, like I am.
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 16 Pretzel snaps (Optional)
- 16 caramel candies
- 1 (16 oz.) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
- Garnish: a pinch of sea salt for each candy
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Arrange the pretzel snaps on a parchment-lined baking sheet; divide the toasted pecans into 16 small piles on the parchment paper OR on top of each pretzel snap.
- Flatten each caramel cube to approximately 1” square and place on top of the pecans.
- Heat in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the caramel softens and begins to melt.
- Remove from the oven; let cool.
- Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the package directions.
- *For the Pretzel version: drizzle each candy with chocolate coating (optional: dip each candy in chocolate coating).
- *Sans pretzel: spoon a small amount of chocolate coating directly onto the parchment paper. Place the pecan/caramel candy on top of the chocolate. Drizzle with additional chocolate coating.
- Top each candy with a few flakes of coarse sea salt.