Do you ever eat like eight bagillion of something and then you realize there’s only TWO left, which turns into, “What the heck…I’ve already ate this many, what’s two more!?”?!
THESE. These do that to ya.
Caramel Apple Pie Grape Poppers. My life is complete.
I’m usually fairly confident that I can resist the treats & desserts I’ve made. Because I can usually pawn them off onto coworkers, family, and friends.
But these, no way. I’m hoarding these grape poppers and secretly hoping that no one finds them. They’re THAT good.
My first version of grape poppers, no doubt, are amazing. But these take the original to a whole different level.
These are like a caramel apple sent from heaven. Because what don’t you like about caramel apples? Is it that you have to cut them up to eat them without having caramel stringing from your teeth? Here’s your solution. They are easier to make, they won’t stick everywhere, they aren’t awkward to eat…and they are totally POPPABLE. Which means you can eat like 15 of them because that equals about 1 caramel apple. Right? RIGHT!?
Plump green grapes dipped in creamy caramel, vanilla candiquik, then finished off with the subtle crunch of the graham cracker crumbs and a dusting of cinnamon.
Also known as heaven on earth.
What people love about the grape poppers is that they are light, refreshing, not overly sweet and the perfect size. I hope you love these as much as I do!
- 40 fresh grapes
- 9 oz. bag caramels (I used Werther’s Baking Caramels)
- 8 oz. Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash grapes and pat completely dry. Spear each grape with a toothpick.
- Melt caramels in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until smooth. Holding the end of the toothpick, dip each grape in the melted caramel and place on prepared wax paper.
- Place grapes in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the caramel is completely set.
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK in tray according to package directions.
- Holding the end of the toothpick dip each grape in the CANDIQUIK; allow excess coating to drip off and return to wax paper.
- Dip the bottom of the grape popper in graham cracker crumbs and sprinkle immediately with cinnamon.
- *Keep refrigerated for best results.