These strawberry santa hats are the perfect thing to have sitting on your table (or in your mouth) this week! They are super simple and taste awesome as well. My favorite kind of treat.
All you need is Vanilla CandiQuik Candy Coating, mini marshmallows and white pearl sprinkles. Oh, and strawberries of course.
I purchased the pearl sprinkles at TJ Maxx (they have some of the BEST sprinkles!), but of course you can find them at your local craft/bake supply store.
I would prepare these only a couple hours in advance for a party, or as close to serving time as possible just because the bottom of the strawberry is sliced. However, setting them on a plate does seal the moisture in the berry.
After slicing the stem of your berry off, pour the pearl sprinkles into a small dish. This is the only way to do this without creating a ginormous mess.
Then dip the bottom of the strawberry in the Vanilla Candiquik, allowing the excess coating to drip off (and then I usually wipe the bottom of the berry along the edge of the tray that the coating comes in), and roll in the pearl sprinkles.
Dip the very bottom of the mini marshmallows in the coating and attach to the tip of the strawberry. Anyone can do this!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! You can count on these to be a Christmas appetizer at my house!
- 30 fresh strawberries
- 6 oz. Vanilla CandiQuik Candy Coating
- (white) pearl sprinkles
- Wash strawberries and pat completely dry. Slice the stem of each strawberry off, creating a flat bottom.
- Melt Vanilla CandiQuik in tray according to package directions.
- Dip the bottom of each strawberry in the CandiQuik, allowing the excess coating to drip off.
- Roll the bottom of the strawberry in the pearl sprinkles.
- Place on wax paper to set.
Merry Christmas & happy holidays, friends!