Ok, I want to chat about those energy/health bars.
You know the ones, they are sold next to the vitamins in most grocery stores…
I’ve tried several different brands of them. Several different flavors. Nada.
I was truly excited the first time I tried one. Chewy chocolate fudge brownie - YES, please! Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter. Count me in.
But no. Not sure what brownie they were inspired by, but it’s not any of the ones I’ve had. Nor does it even remotely satisfy my sweet tooth (which I realize isn’t 100% the purpose…).
I need a brownie or peanut butter cookie after one of those just to get the taste out of my mouth. Ok, I’m exaggerating. But really.
What I’m getting at is, if you’d like something that isn’t going to kill your diet yet still satisfy your sweet tooth – may I suggest Cinnamon Raisin Energy Bites or this skinny cheesecake recipe (and if you’re looking for protein, make a protein shake or consume some chicken).
Skinny Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Energy bar flavor excluded.
- ½ package (8 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- 2 (8 oz) packages ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3.4 oz) sugar free/fat free instant cheesecake pudding, dry
- 1 container (8 oz) fat free Cool Whip, thawed
- ½ cup peanut butter (can use reduced fat)
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- Garnish: sugar free chocolate syrup
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK according to directions on package.
- In a large bowl combine softened cream cheese, dry cheesecake pudding and Candiquik; mix until well blended.
- Add peanut butter and whipped topping and blend until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Drizzle with sugar free chocolate syrup. Keep refrigerated.