Take a deep breath, bacon fanatics. This just happened. Diced bacon atop chocolate peanut butter truffles. And it happened very well. Trust me on this one. There were a couple special ingredients that I believe made these truffles extra awesome.
1-Bacon. Duh. The whole salty+sweet combo – you with me?
2-Chocolate Peanut Butter. Heaven by the spoonful.
I had to buy a second jar of this peanut butter because I ate 1/2 of the first jar with a spoon.
I wish I was kidding.
These truffles were soo smooth and ultra creamy. Creamier than regular ‘ole peanut butter truffles. How is that even possible? Not sure, but I’m blaming it on this dark chocolate concoction.
I recommend dipping them in the chocolate Candiquik and topping them with the fresh bacon immediately prior to serving.
The bacon on top added that perfect amount of saltiness without overpowering the truffles.
It was almost torture having to take wait until I was done taking photos to eat them. I *might* have messed up one or two truffles and had no choice but to sample them.
I hope you enjoy these as much as everyone here did!
Note: these are perfect for a “manly” dessert and are also GLUTEN FREE!
- 1¼ cups dark chocolate p.b. (Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 8 slices cooked bacon, diced
- In a large bowl mix dark chocolate peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour (this makes them easier to dip when they are cold).
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK in tray according to package directions.
- Dip each truffle in Chocolate CANDIQUIK, allowing the excess coating to drip off and place on wax paper to set; sprinkle with diced bacon.